Beata Wysocki, Ph.D.
Research Assistant Professor
Research Interest Areas: Communications Theory, Wireless Access, Error Control Coding, Wireless Data Communications, Mobile Communications
- Ph.D., Australian Telecommunications Research Institute, Curtin University of Technology, Australia; Thesis: "Signal Formats for Code Division Multiple Access Wireless Networks," 2000
- M.Eng.Sc., Electrical Engineering, Warsaw University of Technology, Poland for the thesis: "Numerical analysis of temperature fields in cylindrical structures with inductive heat sources," 1990
- B.Eng., Telecommunications and Electrical Engineering, - not finished because of the introduction of martial law in Poland on 13 December 1981, Academy of Technology and Agriculture in Bydgoszcz, Poland (1 October 1980 - 13 December 1981)
Research Projects / Grants:
- Co-PI: Australian Research Council - Discovery Project ($200k)
- Diversity Improvements in Ultra-Wide Band Communications
- Project Staff & Co-PI: University of Wollongong URC Partnership Grant ($15k)
- Base Station Antennas for Broadband Wireless Access Systems
- 1 January 2003 - 30 June 2004
- Project Staff: Australian Research Council - Discovery Project ($198k)
- Space-Time Block Codes using Orthogonal, Amicable and General design
Selected Publications (Books and book chapters):
- T.A.Wysocki, B.Honary, and B.J.Wysocki (Eds.): "Signal Processing for Telecommunications and Multimedia", Series : Multimedia Systems and Applications, Vol. 27, Springer, New York, 2005.
- T.A.Wysocki, A.Dadej, and B.J.Wysocki (Eds.): "Advanced Wired and Wireless Networks", Series : Multimedia Systems and Applications , Vol. 26, Springer, New York, 2005.
- B.J.Wysocki: “An Overview of Streamed Data Authentication Techniques,” in T.A.Wysocki, A.Dadej, and B.J.Wysocki (Eds.): "Advanced Wired and Wireless Networks", Series : Multimedia Systems and Applications , Vol. 26, Springer, New York, 2005.
- B.J.Wysocki, T.Wysocki: “Polyphase chirp sequences for wireless applications,” in P.Farrell, M.Darnell, and B.Honary, eds. “Coding, Communications and Broadcasting,” Research Studies Press Ltd. Baldock, Hertfordshire, England, 2000, pp. 337-349.
Selected Publications (Journal publications):
- J. Seberry, Ken Finlayson, S.S. Adams, T. Wysocki, T.Xia and B.Wysocki: “The Theory of Orthogonal Designs over the Quaternion Domain,” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, Vol.56, No 1, January 2008, pp.256-265.
- K.Popovski, B.J. Wysocki, and T.A.Wysocki, “Modelling and Comparative Performance Analysis of a Time Reversed UWB System,” EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking, Volume 2007, Article ID 71610, pp.1-11.
- C.-H. Huang, C.-L. Liu, C.-C. Chiu, Y.-D. Wu, T. Wysocki, B.J. Wysocki: “Electromagnetic Transverse Electric-Wave Inverse Scattering of a Two-dimensional Dielectric Object by Genetic Algorithm,” Electromagnetics, vol. 27, 5, June 2007, pp. 241-251.
- J.Seberry, B.J.Wysocki, and T.A.Wysocki: “On some applications of Hadamard matrices,” Metrika, vol. 62, pp.221-239, 2005.
- L.C.Tran, J.Seberry, Y.Wang, B.J.Wysocki, T.A.Wysocki, T.Xia, and Y.Zhao: “Two new complex orthogonal space-time codes for 8 transmit antennas,” IEE Electronics Letters, vol.40, No 1, pp.55-57, 2004.
- B.J.Wysocki, Y.Wang, and R.Safavi-Naini: "On a Method to Authenticate and Verify Digital Streams," Journal of Telecommunications and Information Technology, No: 2/2002, pp.45-52, 2002.
Selected Publications (Conference papers):
- B.J.Wysocki, T.A.Wysocki, J.Seberry, S.Spence Adams, and H.Sharif: “A Simple Orthogonal Space-Time-Polarization Block Code,” IEEE VTC’2007-Fall, 1-3 October 2007, Baltimore, USA
- Y. Zhao, J. Seberry, B.J. Wysocki, and T.A. Wysocki: “Complex Orthogonal Spreading Sequences using Mutually Orthogonal Complementary Sets,” IEEE MIKON’2006, Krakow, Poland, 22-24 May, 2006, CD-ROM.
- M. Pietrzyk, K. Popovski, T.A. Wysocki, B.J. Wysocki, and J. Weber: “Scarcely Populated UWB-IR Systems with Interleaved Coding-Modulation on Multipath Fading Channels," IEEE International Conference on Ultra-Wideband, ICUB’2006, Weltham, MA, 24-27 Sept.2006, CD-ROM
- K.Popovski, B.J.Wysocki, and T.A.Wysocki: “Performance Comparison of UWB Hopping Codes in a Multi-User Rich Scattering Environment,” IEEE VTC’2006 – CD
- L.C.Tran, and T.A.Wysocki: “On Some Antenna Selection Techniques for Wireless Channels Utilizing Differential Space-Time Modulation,” IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference WCNC’2004 – CD ROM
Honors and Awards:
- Australian Postgraduate Award with Stipend – 1 March 1996 – 28 February 1999.
- March 1997 – 28 February 1999 CRC - Broadband Telecommunications and Networking Top-up Scholarship, ATRI at Curtin University of Technology, Western Australia.
- 1997 IEEE - Student Member Travel Grant to attend ICC'97 in Montreal, Canada.
- 1981 Dean of the Faculty of Electrical Engineering award for outstanding students, Academy of Technology and Agriculture in Bydgoszcz, Poland.
- Edith Cowan University, graduate research assistant, level 5/6, 1 August 1995 – 1 December 1996
- University of Wollongong, Research Fellow, level A, 26 October 1999 – 25 October 2000
- Part Time Research Fellow level B, University of Wollongong, 26 October 2000 – December 2004
- University of Wollongong, School of Electrical, Computer and Telecommunications Engineering - Casual teaching, marking, 2001 – 2002
- Full Time Research Fellow level B, University of Wollongong, appointed by ARC, January 2005 – February 2008
- Research Assistant Professor, Department of Computer and Electronics Engineering, UNL, Part Time (60%), March 2008 –
- Dr Ying Zhao (Ms), Year awarded: 2007 Project area: Orthogonal designs and complementary sequences constructions and applications for wireless communication
- Mr Keni Popovski, Year started: 2005, Degree studied for: PhD, submitted: March 2008, Project area: Time Reversed Ultra-Wide Band Communications
- English, Polish, German and some others more like a hobby.